29 December 2017 by Barcelona Vibes
Barcelona is a known entrepreneurial and business-friendly city. Thanks to its long business and commercial tradition, Barcelona is today one of the most important cities in Europe for doing business. The city produces and attracts entrepreneurs and has slowly established itself as a European center for business creation. Tourism in Barcelona has continued to grow in recent years and has become one of the pillars of the city’s economy. Barcelona receives more than 6.5 million tourists each year, generating almost 13 million overnight stays. The quality of services, the diverse cultural options, the world-renowned cuisine and the shops make Barcelona a highly desirable destination for tourists. According to the International Congress and Conventions Association (ICCA), Barcelona is the second-best place worldwide for organizing congresses.
Here are 6 reasons why you should invest in Barcelona
1. Thanks to its location, Barcelona is the gateway to southern Europe, the capital of the Mediterranean area, a bridge to the Maghreb and a platform to Latin America.
2. The infrastructure. Barcelona is the only city in southern Europe that concentrates, over 5 kilometers, one of the major ports in the Mediterranean, a high-speed train station, an international airport, motorways linked to the European network, the second biggest trade fair site in Europe and one of the biggest logistic zones in southern Europe.
3. Barcelona heads a big economic area with a long industrial tradition and a dense business fabric. The city is geared towards the economy and knowledge-intensive activities, especially advanced services and new economic activities.
4. The region of Catalonia is home to over 5,000 foreign companies, and 90% of them are based in the Barcelona area. Furthermore, more than 50% of all the Japanese, Italian, North American, French, Austrian and Swiss companies that operate in Spain are based in this area.
5. Barcelona has a long-established business and commercial tradition and the people of Barcelona are responsible, serious about their work and are also open to doing business with people in other markets.
6. According to the 2011 European Cities Monitor, Barcelona is the European city with the best quality of life for employees, a position it has held for the last 14 years.