The summer of 2017 is official over, and we have entered the first month of the fall, september. Most people are back from their holidays, and the busy vibe of the summer in Barcelona is slowly fading out.
There is no doubt that Barcelona is a beautiful place to visit during the summer, but how is it to visit this popular disination during the fall? Here at the office, we personally love Barcelona in the fall, and we have gathered 5 reasons why you should visit Barcelona this time a year.
1. There is tourists all year around in Barcelona, do to the popularity of the city. But Barcelona is especially busy throughout the summer, and has lots of tourists visiting, but as the high season comes to an end in september, you will see less tourist, which makes you free to explore the city while it’s not overcrowded.
2. In the fall Barcelona offers loads of free concerts, all from Jazz, pop to reggae! With all these different genre of music, it should be possible for everyone to find some music after their liking. One of the biggest festivals in Barcelona, is the “La Mercè” street festival on the 22-25 of september, 2017. The festival offers many free events and activities, such as concerts and parades.
3. Throughtout the summer in Barcelona, the humidity can get really high, which most of all invites you to cool of on the beach. But when entering the fall, the humidity disappears and the temperature drops to around 15-21 degrees, which makes the weather perfect for sightseeing.
4. Beachdays isnt over yet! The temperature is getting lower, but during september there are still some beachdays left, so it is still possible to combine a city/beach holiday in Barcelona during september.
5. Through the summer period, a lot of Barcelonas polular restaurants are closed, because of vacation and such like. Many of these restaurants usually open up again in the beginning of september – so if you love travelling for food, this is important to be aware of.
So if you have thought about visiting Barcelona during the fall, don’t hesitate! It is a beautiful and vibrant city that needs to be explored.